Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dear friend

Blog challenge day 13: A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

"Dear Friend, what's on your mind
You don’t laugh the way you used to
But I've noticed how you cry

Dear friend, I feel so helpless
I see you sit in silence
As you face new pain each day
I feel there’s nothing I can do

I know you don’t feel pretty
Even though you are
But it wasn’t your beauty
That found room in my heart

Dear friend, you are so precious Dear Friend

Dear friend, I'm here for you
I know that you don’t talk too much
But we can share this day anew
Dear Friend, please don’t feel like you're alone
There is someone who is praying
Praying for your peace of mind
Hoping joy is what you'll find

I know you don’t feel weak
Even though you are
But it wasn’t your strength
That found room in my heart
Dear friend, you are so precious, Dear Friend"

These are the words of a song written by Stacie Orrico, a girl who started very young as a Christian artist and has an amazingly beautiful voice. I thought of this song a couple of years ago when going through a tough trial with a very close friend. Though the hurt was minimal on my side, I still wanted to share how I felt at the time when our friendship was coming to an end. I still love my friend from the bottom of my heart and would happily be their friend even today. I love you, just like I loved you back then.

If you have never heard this song before, you should listen to it here

No comments: