Monday, April 4, 2011

What I got myself into

Blog challenge day 27: Why you are doing this blog (post) challenge

As you can see, I ended up getting behind on the days of the blog challenge. I should have committed myself to not posting on the weekends, they are just too busy for thoughtful posts right now!

But, I am committed to finishing, even if I end up doing 30 posts in 35 days, ha.

And that's actually part of why I decided to do this blog challenge. I wanted to see how many days in a row I could actually remember and be able to blog. I did get behind, those who actually read the posts already knew that. But, it was nice to have something to write about, because really there are times in my awesomely entertaining life (joke) where something is worth reading about. Not that everything that the blog challenge had you post about WAS worth reading, but, you get the idea.

It's just nice to blog, explain things you wouldn't normally explain in a normal conversation, or maybe some of you would and just are a lot more expressive and creative than me. Either way, I have no regrets taking on the 30 day blog challenge. It actually helped me to realize that I do want to blog more, but just have to think a little bit about what I could blog about. I think that is the part that gets me sometimes, that keeps me from posting. Things that may seem important to me, may just be petty or of no importance at all to those who read. I want to be honest, but I never intend to offend. I like writing about my experiments in the kitchen with gluten free foods, but often wonder if others care about that kind of stuff....because let's face it, if you aren't gluten free, you probably won't be trying gluten free...unless you believe in the new fad diet like famous people of eating gluten free just for the sake of eating it, to be cool or more "healthy" or whatever it is they want to think they are doing. Anyway, I also like posting about my adventures, challenges and joys of being a part time worship leader, but again, it's one of those things where either you relate to it, or you don't, and I just wonder if it has any meaning if I write about it.

I like to post about music and the gigs that Chas and I are doing with the band, but I don't want to become one of "those guys" who all they ever do is talk about music, playing, singing, gigging, blah blah blah. Music is and has been a part of my life and I am sure it will be for a long time, but I never want it to BECOME my life. If you get what I mean.

Lastly, I do want to be feel like I can post more spiritual type things, and I know that has some meaning, it's just WHAT to post about, again, that I get stuck on sometimes. I started doing a study a while ago (like 8 months ago, it's one of those ones) that talks about your imprints growing up and how having a healthy spiritual walk with God can help you understand why you react to the things you do, cry or don't cry, love or are cold, etc. I would love to be able to express some of the things I have run across with this study, but again, just one of those things that is hard to do sometimes. I guess I will just have to muster up some blogging strength and focus on what it is that is most important when blabbing to the blogging world about the things that are going around in this teeny little grain of sand head of mine.

No comments: