Thursday, March 6, 2008

Love and hate

Things I miss about being on a gluten-free diet.....


Oh the ooey-gooey-ness of a warm chocolate chip cookie. It just makes my mouth water. I have found that GF cookies are just a bit too hard, so I just don't eat them.


Specifically, The Cinabon roll. Oh that frosting is so tasty.



Chicken fingers, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pretty much all things fried.



Yes, I made this picture bigger, because it is my all time food love and item I miss the most. I have yet to find a delictible recipe that tastes just as good and is just as moist as the real cupcake. Kel and I did conquer the frosting recipe though, so far butter cream is the best.


Things I have grown to love now that I am on a gluten-free diet


Celery goes especially well with Maranatha's organic peanut butter....SO creamy..mmmm.


Spinach Salad, or most salad in general. Especially with different types of cheese, and salad dressings, and grilled chicken.



I have always liked rice milk, but I just find myself drinking more of it now.



Juicing!! It has become almost a daily routine for me. What a great way to get in your fruits and veggies. And, if mixed with the right ingredients, can be quite tasty.


Indian Food. Now here's something I didn't think I would ever like, just because I assumed it would be too spicy!But, I have become a fan of it, specifically coconut currey chicken, with rice and vegetables. Super tasty!



Gluten-Free Pasta. It's actually not that bad, at least the Quinoa kind.

I am still in the process of finding new recipes, but so far things are going well. Now if I could just master the cupcake recipe......

2 comments:

Claire said...

Love it! those cupcakes are so PRETTY!

Have you checked out that glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com yet?

Anonymous said...

This cookbook:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Sensitive-Gourmet-Cookies-Desserts/dp/0722538480
Is packed full of cake, cookie, muffin and dessert recipes for people sensitive to gluten, wheat or dairy. I can't eat wheat or dairy and I've made so much delicious stuff from it.
There is also this brilliant recipe for an Italian chocolate almond cake:
http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/512908
If you leave some larger lumps of chocolate in the mixture (or add some extra!) you get nice gooey melted blobs of chocolate in the baked cake.
I make it with dairy free margarine.