Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Simplicity

I started Easter Sunday with some of my favorite scriptures....
Romans 5:6-13
"6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."
I am reminded by these words of how easily of a wretch I can be. How often does someone do something to you, and you just immediately seek revenge in your head, or sometimes, even act it out?
These words help keep it in perspective for me. We do horrible things against Christ, everyday, and yet, in our wickedness, he did not seek revenge. He sought love. Love that frees us.
Then four of us took a little drive down to a little city called Tooele, some of you know this place, and what a quaint little town it is.
It was there we provided "special music" for probably the smallest church I have ever been to.
And it was awesome.
Once again, I am reminded of how awesome Jesus is. That even in the smallest and most simple places, he creates reminders of Himself and what he has done for us.
It was in the simplicity of the day that I was sancitified.
The day ended with a new song writing, one that shows relation to the pain of losing a son, but the rejuvination of a new heart that seeks more of Him.
"Because of you
I can relate to the sympathy of saying good-bye
for just as I lost the one
you lost your son
I'm so sorry Lord
But now my hearts seeks more of you
bleeds more for you
seeks more justice
wants all the things that you say I can do"

No comments: