Friday, September 18, 2009

In session

I have been back in school for about 4 weeks now, which means I most likely won't be posting as much, thanks to the textbook reading and statistic assignments in a code based program that is nothing but awkward to use. I took my first quiz today, which I felt I did a little better on after busting through the first 15 questions and then realizing that there were only 3 short answers, yessss.


I am getting excited to see my bestest Amy Pepper and my mom, who are flying to Utah on October 2nd so that I can get my first experience of dressing shopping done! It will be a great girls weekend.


These are just a few pics of what has been going on the last couple of weekends. The Antelope Island Balloon and Kite Stampede was the first weekend in September, and since the drummer of the band I am singing in was the events coordinator, we got to play on Sunday. Chas' band played as the head liners which was cool too, except for the outrageous wind that picked up right at the end of the night.


Since we both had Monday off, we decided to take a little drive up to Bear Lake. I had never been up there before and wanted to see just how blue the water really was, and it was a gorgeous day, we even had a little picnic on the beach, so fun!


Last weekend, Chas and his band Cheatwood played up at the Spur in Park City, one of the top hot spots to play if you are a band in Utah. I posted a couple shots from the night.


Lastly, most of you know, but I finally got another car! As much as I loved the Honda and it has been so, so SO good to me over the last 7 years, she had a lot of miles and was starting to need a lot of work, so I had to put her down. I am very happy with my 2007 Mazda 3 purchase though and am glad I know people in the dealership industry.


Here's the pics from the last couple weekends...










3 comments:

Claire said...

looks great!

Jan said...

Sounds like the end of summer was quite busy for you - good busy.

melissa o said...

Yay for new car, Cheatwood and Bear Lake! You sound like a busy lady - I miss you!