Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gluten free holidays, music, and everything else

So this will be a little random, only because it has been a while since I have blogged.

First thing, does anyone who reads this know who Kurt Bestor is? As in Kurt Bestor Christmas? Well, for the last couple of years, Mr. Bestor has been going around Utah to find the "Best of Christmas"....one person to sing a song specifically for his annual Christmas Special that is composed by him, for them. Well, LeeAnn, a very close co-worker of mine, nudged me to try out for this "Best of Bestor" because he was holding auditions in Ogden a few weeks ago. Well, I didn't get picked as the best singer in Utah, but it was fun to say that I tried out nonetheless. And, I got to sing my heart out in front of the olny judge, Kurt Bestor himself. KSL will be announcing who the winner is on TV today, and that one person will get to sing the special composed song at Kurt's Christmas concerts this year, as well as a trip out to LA to professionally record the song. Lucky.

Speaking of music, here is an update on the recording of our CD (Chas and me). Due to the fact that I have been working away on papers, reading, and tests for my Master's during this first semester back, we have not had much time for recording for our CD that we really hope to have completed by the first part of the year (we are thinking January\February). Since the semester is just about finished, we are going to be taking a lot of time in December to really pump out what we can, so that Chas can get it mastered, and then all we have left is to figure out exactly how we are going to come up with the money to be able to make the CD's. So, that is definitely something to pray for, though we know if it is something we are meant to do, God will provide the funds to be able to complete this project.

Ok, moving on to other things.

This Thanksgiving, I have decided that I am going to try making my own gluten free dessert.



A gluten free pumpkin pie. Chas and I got invited to go to Pastor Roy's house for dinner, so I will be taking that, along with some deviled eggs, as two of the hopefully many other things that I WILL be able to eat this Thanksgiving. No stuffing or gravy, but most other things, like mashed potatoes, plain turkey, and cranberry sauce are definitely edible. Thank goodness.
Thanks to the blog that I visit regularly, I have an abundance of recipes and pointers for gluten free cooking.
Shauna is her name, and ironically she is from Seattle. She blogs about twice a week, and sometimes she posts delicious looking gluten free foods that I have actually tried making a couple of time. Delicious. That's all I can say. You can't even tell that it is GF.

That's all I have for now, but I also wanted to wish all of you a great and happy Thanksgiving. You should blog and tell us all what YOU are doing for the holidays this year.

3 comments:

Claire said...

awesome! good for you for trying! I have totally heard of it, and I'm so glad you went for it! yay you!

And your pie looks great! Have fun!

Kimberly said...

Kimber! I'm so proud of you...what a cool thing. I didn't know you were going to try out. I bet that was a fun day!

Have a great time at Pastor Roy's and pass on my "Happy Thanksgiving" to them! Enjoy your dinner and especially dessert!

melissa o said...

That is FAB that you tried out!

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend. Love you.